Hi,

Le 18 févr. 2020 à 11:45, Emmanuel Hocdet <m...@gandi.net> a écrit :

I think we will probably need more information in the "show ssl cert"
output in the future so the users can debug this kind of feature easily.

Yes. Show the chain-filename would be very helpful.
For that i think a good way would be to keep ckch->chain and ckch->issuer
with value (or NULL) from PEM/<payload>, and resolve chain and ocsp_issuer
when needed. « show ssl cert » will be able to find the origin of chain (and ocsp_issuer)
without  store a new state. The drawback(?) is that .issuer file will be loaded, in every case, if present.

Patch series to do that:

example:
Issuer: /C=US/O=Let's Encrypt/CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3
Chain filename: /etc/haproxy/issuers/letsencryptEC.pem

++
Manu