Hi Ilya,

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 01:44:40AM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I played with "special purpose" job, which runs h2spec
>
> here's code:
>
> https://github.com/chipitsine/haproxy/commit/8c90ea82fd32c0ca9bd3df0ae7d9361525eda590
>
> output:
>
> https://github.com/chipitsine/haproxy/runs/522959386
>

> I think such jobs might be run on schedule, for example weekly ?

I'm hesitating. While h2spec is a fantastic tool to detect some breakage,
it also relies on extremely precise behaviors and timing. Typically I
never managed to get it to work reproducibly by sending less than 8kB or
so of response data. This is related to the fact that it will for example
send an RST_STREAM after a request and will check if some data flow back,
which will essentially depend on the bytes in flight (hence bandwidth times
latency) between h2spec, haproxy and the server. That's typically what makes
the success rate vary from 141 to 146 tests for me.

Now that we have the return directive we could imagine creating a second
layer and returning a large response there. But as you see I'm slightly
worried of having to deal with even more false positives while we haven't
still completely addressed the abns+reload randomness :-/

What's others' opinion on this ?

Thanks,