Hello HAProxy community,

I wanted to compare how the newly released HAProxy 2.2 (Congrats!) behaves
under heavy load so I've ran some tests on my x86_64 and aarch64 VMs:

https://medium.com/@martin.grigorov/compare-haproxy-performance-on-x86-64-and-arm64-cpu-architectures-bfd55d1d5566

Without much surprise the x86_64 VM gave better results!

It is *not* a real use case scenario: the backends serve on GET / and
return "Hello World", without any file/network operations.

What is interesting though is that I can get 120-160K reqs/sec when hitting
directly one of the backend servers, and only 20-40K reqs/sec when using
HAProxy as a load balancer in front of them.

I'd be happy to re-run the tests with any kind of improvements you may have!

Regards,
Martin