Hi Reinhard,

On 08.09.20 21:20, Reinhard Vicinus wrote:
> the only official supported way to identify a google bot is to run a
> reverse DNS lookup on the accessing IP address and run a forward DNS
> lookup on the result to verify that it points to accessing IP address
> and the resulting domain name is in either googlebot.com or google.com
> domain.

thanks for asking this again, I brought this up earlier this year and I
got no answer:

https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg37301.html

I would expect that this is something that most sites would actually
want to check and I'm surprised that there is no solution for this or at
least none that is obvious to find.

Björn