Hi,

Maciej had said they were going to create a new thread, but I didn't see
one yet.

I want to start by noting problem was much worse on 2.2.8 & 2.2.9, and
that 2.2.13 & 2.3.9 don't get entirely hung at 100% anymore: a big
thanks for that initial work in fixing the issue.

As I mentioned in my other mail asking for a 1.8.30 release, we're
experiencing this problem in DigitalOcean's HAProxy instances used to
run the Spaces product.

I've been trying to dig out deeper detail as well with a debug threads
version, but I have the baseline error output from 2.3.9 here to share,
after passing redaction review. This dump was generated with vbernat's
PPA version of 2.3.9, not any internal builds.

We have struggled to reproduce the problem in testing environments, it
only turns up at the biggest regions, and plotting occurances of the
issue over the time dimension suggest that it might have some partial
correlation w/ a weird workload input.

The dumps do suggest Lua is implicated as well, and we've got some
extensive Lua code, so it's impossible to rule it out as contributing to
the problem (We have been discussing plans to move it to SPOA instead).

The Lua code in question hasn't changed significantly in nearly 6
months, and it was problem-free on the 1.8 series (having a test suite
for the Lua code has been invaluable).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org