Hi Robin,

W dniu pt., 9.04.2021 o 19:26 Robin H. Johnson <robb...@gentoo.org>
napisaƂ(a):

> Maciej had said they were going to create a new thread, but I didn't see
> one yet.
>
> I want to start by noting problem was much worse on 2.2.8 & 2.2.9, and
> that 2.2.13 & 2.3.9 don't get entirely hung at 100% anymore: a big
> thanks for that initial work in fixing the issue.

After Christopher patch using another function (that does not allocate
memory) to dump LUA stack trace the situation is much better. It used 100%
cpu only once and only one thread, however HAProxy didn't kill itself like
in your situation. Since then the issue did not occur again, I have
anything useful to share. :(

I'm using 2.2.11 HAProxy but will upgrade next week to 2.3, I'll report if
anything interesting pops out.

> We have struggled to reproduce the problem in testing environments, it
> only turns up at the biggest regions, and plotting occurances of the
> issue over the time dimension suggest that it might have some partial
> correlation w/ a weird workload input.

On our side the issue occured on a machine with unusual workload, hundred
thousands tcp connections and very little http requests/responses. We also
use lua.

Kind regards,
Maciej