Hello,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 02:32:50PM +0100, Artur wrote:
> > However, as
> > indicated in the 2.8-dev5 announce, a concurrency bug introduced in 2.5
> > was fixed in this version, that may cause freezes and crashes when some
> > HTTP/1 backend connections are closed by the server exactly at the same
> > time they're going to be reused by another thread. Another different bug
> > also affecting idle connections since 2.2 was fixed, possibly causing an
> > occasional crash. One possible work-around if you've faced such issues
> > recently is to disable inter-thread connection reuse with this directive
> > in the global section:
> >
> >     tune.idle-pool.shared off
> >
> > But beware that this may increase the total number of connections kept
> > established with your backend servers depending the reuse frequency and
> > the number of threads.
>
> Is this a workaround for the previous versions or one need to apply this
> setting also to the current version ?
> Thank you for your clarification.

Ah you're right that it wasn't clear. No it's a workaround for previous
versions. The current version does not need it. I often prefer to provide
workarounds because I know that some users cannot always upgrade when they
want for various reasons. But if you upgrade to 2.6.10 you don't need it.

best regards,