On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 10:48:41AM -0600, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 7/12/23 04:13, Remi Tricot-Le Breton wrote:
> > On 11/07/2023 22:22, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> >> On 7/11/23 01:30, Remi Tricot-Le Breton wrote:
> >> That directive didn't work in "global" but it was accepted when I
> >> moved it to "defaults".  But it didn't change the behavior.  IPv6 is
> >> completely disabled on the server.
> >
> > Didn't work as in an error was raised ? I have a local configuration
> > file with this option in the global section and it seems to work fine.
>
> It failed the config check that is done by the systemd service before
> restarting.  It seems to indicate I am missing additional config that it
> needs.
>
> elyograg@bilbo:~$ sudo haproxy -dD -c -f /etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg
> [NOTICE]   (521767) : haproxy version is 2.8.1
> [NOTICE]   (521767) : path to executable is /usr/local/sbin/haproxy
> [ALERT]    (521767) : config : Proxy '<OCSP-UPDATE>': Can't find
> resolvers section 'default' for do-resolve action.
> [ALERT]    (521767) : config : Proxy '<HTTPCLIENT>': Can't find
> resolvers section 'default' for do-resolve action.
> [DIAG]     (521767) : config : Generating a random cluster secret. You
> should define your own one in the configuration to ensure consistency
> after reload/restart or across your whole cluster.
> [ALERT]    (521767) : config : Fatal errors found in configuration.

Hm we should probably improve the errors here, it seems to happen
because you set an httpclient option in your global section but your
/etc/resolv.conf wasn't available. I'll definitively try to improve
this.

> > You can use the "httpclient" CLI command this way:
> > echo "expert-mode on; httpclient GET
> > http://r3.o.lencr.org/MFMwUTBPME0wSzAJBgUrDgMCGgUABBRI2smg%2ByvTLU%2Fw3mjS9We3NfmzxAQUFC6zF7dYVsuuUAlA5h%2BvnYsUwsYCEgOq9K0xVAXkgj8X4cNGeMutQw%3D%3D";
> >  | socat <your_stat_sock> -
>
> I get an error from that, and it makes no sense to me.
>
> ----
> elyograg@bilbo:~$ echo "expert-mode on; httpclient GET
> http://r3.o.lencr.org/MFMwUTBPME0wSzAJBgUrDgMCGgUABBRI2smg%2ByvTLU%2Fw3mjS9We3NfmzxAQUFC6zF7dYVsuuUAlA5h%2BvnYsUwsYCEgOq9K0xVAXkgj8X4cNGeMutQw%3D%3D";
>
> | sudo socat /etc/haproxy/stats.socket -
> Permission denied
>
> This command is restricted to expert mode only.
> ----

It happens because you don't have the right level on your stats socket,
expert-mode needs an admin level.

--
William Lallemand