Viktor Szakáts wrote:

> Easy to say it, but since you probably know the
> typical cases that need to be covered, so maybe
> it'd help to start off with a very limited set
> of wrappers, just to cook the right wrapping
> methods.
>
> For sure you'll need to employ the concept of
> GC references. Without it, it will never be right.
>
> It would also help just by itself, if you could
> create self-contained examples of the typical
> construct/destruct/detach/attach situations.
>
> This would make it easy for everyone to experiment
> with it in a swift fashion (without dealing with
> the huge HBQT libs).
>
> Just an idea.

It is not easy to just start from small code.
Even to execute few lines, you need the full framework
working. The only change will be couple of classes to
experiment instead of 302 we have at this time.
And this does not make any difference either.

The point to emphasis is: if I write from scratch, I
have to visualize the ways how the other way is, which
after an year of heavy dwelling into exiting code fragmenents,
I find difficult if not impossible.  This type of approach
is more suitable to one who starts afresh, has not any
affinity to existing code. Whatever I will do will be influenced
by existing protocols. I may not be able to find another
solution at all, and at the end, new code will look a shadow
of the original one. It is human nature and I am not the
exception.

The biggest bug at present is object destructions and this
part will be the last one if we develop another approach.
So we will come to know about whether we could resolve
this issue or not ? And what If we could not.

All other components are working perfectly all right so far.

In a nut-shell: someone with new thinking process has to
step-in.

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...
        Pritpal Bedi