I don't think that it's "too early"... we may work hard for many
months to have stable hbQt.. but if it doesn't interface with the
"clipper" way of doing business applications ?

In my code I have a lot of VALID and WHEN and PICTURE... if we don't
think about a way to emulate such functionalities we may be forced to
rewrite too much code...
For QLineEdit we have :inputMask to act like a PICTURE but with a
slighty different syntax... validators may also help...

For VALIDs... should we connect to returnPressed() ? Or FocusOut ? and
FocusIn for WHENs...

I'd just like to receive this code snipped in a hbqt compatible way...
just to understnad what changes are needed for the followinfg code
snippet....

procedure main()
local age := 0
local surname := space( 20 )
clear screen
@ 2,2 say "Surname: " get surname PICTURE "@!"
@ 4,2 say "Age" get age picture "99" when ! empty( surname ) valid  age > = 18
read
? "Hello " + surname + "! Your are " + alltrim(str( age )) + " years old"

Francesco