Lorenzo Fiorini wrote:

> This is the main problem of hbqt. If it can't easily migrate existing
> C5x UI code like @ say/get read forms and tbrowses it is almost
> useless for me. Easily desn't mean 100% compatible but something that
> can be done using PP and some modifications.

This is the main problem of
every GUI library. We tend to forget the basic differences of
CONSOLE and GUI way of programming flow - program controlled vs
user controlled. We can mimic the CUI calls to present the interface
but we _cannot_ mimic the CUI like behavior, viz., ReadModal().

The reason is that GUI behavior is encapsulated in a global "inkey()"
like loop and every object in the application has its own events
fire/act behavior.

> If not it would be much simpler to use QT in "native way". You'll
> easily find skilled C++ developers, support and documentation.

Here we again miss the point.
1. You need to be skilled in C++ which many of us are not.
2. How to hook all the powerful RDD engine.
3. The ease of use.

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...
        Pritpal Bedi