On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Enrico Maria Giordano
<e.m.giord...@emagsoftware.it> wrote:

> Dear friends, can you tell me if there are any known issues with Harbour and
> Microsoft's Server Message Block technology? It is a caching technology
> which will delay the writing of data to shared files on a Windows server.
> SMB2 is new with Server 2008 and Vista / Windows 7 clients. I'm wondering if
> that technology will obey dbCommit() commands in Harbour, or if it simply
> ignores them.

I've found some msgs about it. In my gmail the first reference is:

  * source\rtl\winos.prg
    + OS_ISWINVISTA_OR_LATER() - .t. if osvi.dwMajorVersion >= 6
    * Update OS_NETREGOK() for Vista,Win2008 & Win7
         SMB2 is required to be turned off on Server

best regards,
Lorenzo