** CHINA. Firedrake on both 8400 and 9000, Jan 14 at 1436, but this time much
stronger on 8400, barely audible on 9000 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ECUADOR. HCJB, 11960, Jan 13 at 1444:30 automated ID break between programs,
with another Einstein quotation, 9:45 am timecheck, preceded by inattentive
announcer claiming to be on ``11690, 21455 y 11690`` instead of 11960! Another
mistake which has probably been ongoing for sesquiyears, besides having closed
down 21455 last year. There is no break at this point every day of the week. I
first noted this on January 9, but could hardly believe my ears so made a point
of listening closely at next opportunity. Ditto Jan 14 at exactly same time, ad
infinitum (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** IRAN. 9735, Jan 13 at 1423 open carrier, flutter; what could this be?
Thailand 9725 was in, not always the case; and BBC Singapore 9740. On 9735 at
1428 piano music starts; 1430 chimes and ``Govorit Iran`` ID, and yes, this is
// 9575 which I have been hearing regularly at this hour. Should have checked
whether they are synchronized, as looked up later, I see that 9735 is Ahwaz,
250 kW at 26 degrees, while 9575 is Sirjan, 500 kW at 330 degrees. Sounded
about the same here. 9735 also heard 24 hours later, but much poorer (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KURDISTAN [non]. Denge Mezopotamya, 11530 via Ukraine, 1449-1459:55* nothing
but OM vocalist mixing singing and shouting, barely avoiding choking, with lite
accompaniment or interludes by flute and other instruments. This is really
exotic and a treat to hear; a Kurdish thing, I guess. But how are the audience
to know that they have to retune to 7540? Unless he worked that info into his
heartfelt performance (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN. REE, 17595, Wed Jan 14 with documentary on Cuban revolution including
at 1518 a clip of the original R. Rebelde, saying it was operating on the 20
and 40 meter bands (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 8590-8615, OTH radar pulses, presumed, Jan 13 at 1420 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###