I've found out some information, by necessity, regarding Globe Wireless coastal stations in Australia, VJS Perth Radio and VIE Darwin Radio. I have been trying to QSL for some time now, and found a reference to TELSTRA on the main Globe Wireless site. I followed the link to the TELSTRA site in Australia and came up with what I thought was the correct address for VJS in Lansdale, Western Australia. Off went the reception report just after Christmas.

Yesterday, January 25th, I got the disappointing result of having the report returned as an unknown address. I was really lost at that point and decided to do some more sleuthing. I went to the website of the Australian Communications and Media Authority and pleaded my case for some information as the the licensee of these stations.

Later on today, a very nice email came from Licensing Officer Laureen Harrison of the Radiocommunications Licensing and Telecommunications Deployment Section who gave me the web address for their online database. Lo, and behold! The Licensee for VJS and VIE can be reached at the following address:

Integrated Technical Services PTY Ltd.
Globe Wireless
GPO Box 3850
Darwin NT 0801
Australia

As a bonus, here is the Australian website for finding the licenses, licensees and the addresses:

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/register_search.main_page

The whole thing is very self-explanatory, much like the FCC databases. Perhaps those of you whose governments also put this information online might like to let the groups know where the databases can be found. This will cut down mightily on returned reports by enabling those of us who chase QSLs to get the right address from the start.

Vy 73

Al Muick
Whitehall PA USA
WinRadio G303e / Wellbrook ALA1530P / Hoka 300-32 v3.08