First up: the final 5 days! Is McCain gaining ground?

Like most presidential elections, this race seems to be tightening in the final
days. Can we trust these new national and state polls? Sen. Obama's infomercial
last night was viewed by a whopping 33.5 million Americans. Did it sway
undecided voters?

On the campaign trail: Sen. McCain in his self-proclaimed role as the
"underdog" continued his fight to the finish today in Defiance, Ohio. Obama
meanwhile was in Florida, fresh off a late night rally with former Pres. Bill
Clinton.

Tonight we'll bring on Fmr. Rep. Susan Molinari (R-NY) and Rep. Kendrick Meek
(D-FL) to discuss.

For more on the Obama-mercial:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1250745,CST-NWS-obama30.article.

Plus, Obama sat down for an interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow in Sarasota,
FL. What does he think about the Republican Party? How does he feel about
McCain's personal attacks? Rachel will give you the first-hand account.

Next - believe it or not - there are STILL undecided voters! Who are they and
when are they going to decide? We'll talk to Newsweek's Howard Fineman and
Atlantic Media's Ron Brownstein.

And in the Politics Fix- have you seen Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R-NC)'s new
campaign ad? Talk about rough campaigning! And her opponent has released a
response ad. We'll ask Washingtonpost.com's Chris Cillizza and American Urban
Radio's April Ryan what they think.

For Dole's new ad:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/29/1606097.aspx

Plus, did Joe the Plumber pull a John McCain? Did the plumber stand up McCain
like McCain stood up Letterman? We'll bring you the video on the Hardball
Sideshow!

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" at
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/ and MSNBC.com's Hardblogger at
http://hardblogger.msnbc.msn.com/.

Casey Lee wrote the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.