I knew right after I hit the send key that I should have listed you to ask for
help since there was a good chance you would be the first to answer.

I get the same thing on my "out of date" Fedora Core 2 installation when I ask
for $ZGETSYI("NODENAME"), but the ZOSV being used in OV3 its not from
ZOSVGTM.m.  The relevant section of _ZOSV.m that is being used (I think),
there is

GETENV ;Get environment Return Y='UCI^VOL^NODE^BOX LOOKUP'
 N %HOST,%V S %V=^%ZOSF("PROD"),%HOST=$$RETURN("hostname -s")
 S Y=$TR(%V,",","^")_"^"_%HOST_"^"_$P(%V,",",2)_":"_%HOST
 ;

 So now maybe we need help from the recent traveler to Poland on
$ZGETSYI("NODENAME").

Just from experimentation, though, I think it is safe to say that I know where
the hostname -s coming from in my system.  I am just not sure where the
volume is coming from except that it is supposed to be the same in
^%ZOSF("PROD") as in ^%ZOSF("VOL") as best I can tell by looking at the code
somewhere else, but I don't know where I found it off hand.  Anyway, I was
trying to figure out what determines ^%ZOSF("PROD"), and I do not know how
one goes about figuring that out. I looked at the Data dictionary for volume
set and uci association, and I  know what everything I am looked at means,
but I saw no mention of ZOSF in there.