By changing that value you are only telling GTM where to look for the global
directory and since it isn't there, I assume it has somehow been deleted.  I
do not know how to recreate one and since I think you risk loosing all of
your work if you try it, I would make a backup of the mumps.dat file before
you do.  If you look at the install script that you used, the mupip commands
will probably indicate the proper parameters for the mumps.gld and I am
hoping that you will be able to recreate the file.  However, the smartest
thing is probably to hope that Bhaskar can bail you out.

It is a holiday weekend here, so there is no telling when Bhaskar will next
read the email.