Hello all,

For many years I have wanted to build a regional EHR infrastructure for mental health in Houston, Texas. This recently released RFP http://www1.eps.gov/spg/HHS/PSC/DAM/Reference%2DNumber%2DONCHIT%2D3/listing.html

seems like a good fit for this purpose. Mental health in Houston is an ideal microcosm for this RFP as many of the elements necessary are present: free standing mental hospitals that are only minimally computerized, a number of entities that exchange records by fax currently, a number of outpatient clinics and private practitioners.

This looks like a major piece of work that would require an established vendor and many other parts. If you are serious about participating in this, please read the RFP first, then contact me offline as soon as possible as there are only a few weeks to get a proposal together.

Thanks!

Ignacio Valdes, MD, MS
Editor: Linux Medical News