Of course, I know Kevin isn't talking about a microrobot, it's just
something his suggestion brought to mind.

More generally, I often think about applications of computers to
medicine (for example, I just picked up a book on neural prostheses),
but I'm not an M.D., and so while I might know something about the
technology required, I know a lot less about what is reall needed. for
example, the application Kevin mentions here is not one that would have
occured to me.

Is there a place for Hardhats (or even open source) in the wider field
of compurters in medicine?

--- Greg Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not if I'm the alpha site! :-)
>
> Actually, this is an idea I haven't heard, but why not? I've heard
> various suggestions that microrobots could find application in
> medicine.
>
> --- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I've wondered if this technology could be used to
> > create a self-ascending colonoscope.
> >
> > I've just got too many interests.  :-)
> >
> > Kevin

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Design quality doesn't ensure success, but design failure can ensure failure."

--Kent Beck