> --- Ron Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > To rule out a problem with the sshd, try communicating with it using
> > the
> > ssh escape sequences (see "man ssh" for details) over your ssh
> > session.
> > If the sshd and your connection to it are alive and healthy, pressing
> > and
> > releasing the 3 keys "<enter>~?" one after the other will cause sshd
> > immediately show a list of available escape sequences.  This is
> > assuming
> > that the "tilde"  character is the escape character (as it is by
> > default).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >

> Good idea. There could be a mismatch between your terminal settings and
> what Linux thinks you're using, too. Do you have a different client
> (say OpenSSH) that you can try? Not to utter a blasphemy, but if your
> system doesn't contain any patient data you could even enable telent
> and try that. If it's a live system, or if anything on the same box
> contains sensitive data, I wouldn't.
>
> ===
> Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> "Judge a man by his questions not his answers."

I just came over to the server room to take a direct look from the
console. Same behavior, but thank you Ron for teaching me about the
ssh esc sequences - which worked just fine as you outlined. I had not
an idea how to use them before you mentioned it.

--
Ismet B. Kursunoglu, MD, FCCP

 Medical Director
 Alaska Clinic, LLC