>  From what I've read, the problem is not OPTION specific -- it's more of a
> general problem when doing anything within menu manager.  If you're hanging
> when you issue a "?" at a menu prompt something's really messed up --
> either corrupted code or a db problem.

I am sorry for the confusion. It is not hanging when issuing a "?",
just when I enter the System status menu - no matter from D ^XUP, D
^XUS or D P^DI.

> Open up another session window and do a jobexam (whatever the command is in
> GTM) while the other process is "hung".  Keep refreshing the output because
> you may see that it's in some kind of recursive loop.

I don't know how to do that - I will hunt the mail list however.

> I'd be super duper surprised if there was a locking issue -- I dont think
> menu manager locks the global when a user enters "?" at a "top level" menu
> (hard enough to get people to insert locks on a db write, much less a read).

No lke out confirmed that - I would presume that is the proper tool.

> I was going to reply with the below, but when I saw the initial question
> was that the system hung when entering a "?" at a menu prompt, it sounds
> like there's a bigger issue here than just the SS option.

> I'm not really sure what process is hanging, but if it's the System Status
> menu option, what I'd do is:
>
> First I'd get to a programmer's prompt and execute each piece of the
> option's ENTRY ACTION, one at a time, to see if any of these by itself is
> causing a problem.

GTM>N DUZ,DT,DTIME

GTM>X:$D(^%ZOSF("SS"))#2 ^("SS")

GTM>D HOME^%ZIS

Not hanging after that.

> If not, then I'd check via the menu system by:
>       Create a temp routine with the ENTRY ACTION broken up so it's one
> command per line.
>       Create a dummy menu option that has a temp routine as it's ROUTINE
> field.
>       D ^XUP and enter the dummy option's name and then check which line is
> causing the system to hang.

Do you mean to create a routine with the the ENTRY ACTION with line
breaks? How do I do this? You mean with this code?

W @IOF
N DUZ,DT,DTIME
X:$D(^%ZOSF("SS"))#2 ^("SS")
D HOME^%ZIS

Thank you so very much for all of your help and patience!