and is why blockbuster is on the short list
>:-}
At 07:05 AM 3/13/2005, Hayes Elkins Poked the stick with:
One of Blockbuster Video's biggest days in rental sales is christmas day. You wont believe the amount of commerce involved on seemingly "dead" days of the year. Retail usually makes a killing.

From: Christopher Fisk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: RE: [H] {OT} To all my Dell hating friends and acquaintances...
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:54:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Hayes Elkins wrote:

And yes, I think Christmas as a mandated holiday is complete bullshit too.

Well, for what it's worth, for most companies, being open on Christmas is pointless, most other companies are closed, so who are you going to do business with?

Christopher Fisk
--
If we don't all watch the same TV, what will keep our culture homogeneous?
        -- Calvin

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)