At 10:58 PM 9-08-05 +0000, you wrote:
Someone posted a link before that listed the number of detections that
the various AV softwares made. Can someone repost that?
I'm essentially looking for a comparison between McAfee and Trend
corporate editions.

Not sure if the URL you want is in the text below:
Antivirus program tests: Gizmo Richards' newsletter at techsupportalert:
1.5 Virus Scanners Tested and Rated
I'm pretty suspicious of many of the comparative tests of anti- virus
products I read. Most are based on simple file scanning tests. Few reviewers
take the trouble of running tests of detection-on-execution, detection of
existing infections and removal effectiveness mainly because these tests are
so time consuming. That's why I was delighted to see John Bang's latest
reviews over at SuggestAFix. John "did it right" which is perhaps why I find
myself in the unusual position of largely agreeing with his findings. Not
entirely of course; I think NOD32 is rather better than John infers and AntiVir impresses me less but otherwise we are pretty well aligned in our views.
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=16990&s=407229a133914019ef7531bdc8207d1c
He also did his own testing in a previous newsletter where he determined
that no single AV was sufficient. He recommends using two AVs one trojan
hunter and at least one antispyware. I also use two intrusion monitors;
prevx and Winpatrol. All are free and give high level of coverage when
combined.
AntiVirus: Langa: While AVG (free) is probably the best free antivirus tool around, it doesn't seem to be the best AV tool overall: For example, it hasn't done as well in independent, third-party tests as have some of the other AV tools:
Take the "Virus Bulletin" ratings ( http://www.virusbtn.com

Best wishes

Robert Turnbull, Toronto, Canada