At 08:00 PM 31/03/2006, Winterlight wrote:

I have had enough of this thing, and it is time to try another brand of cheap laser but what? I don't care about speed, endurance, features, I just want it to work reliably the little bit I am going to use it. I am thinking about HP LaserJet1020 laser printer which I can get on sale for hundred bucks. Anyone have any experience with this.

I'd avoid HP. I'm seeing more and more entry and mid level HPs failing after a couple of months of use. HP is slow to get parts out and virtually useless to get actual parts from. I've heard that Brother can be iffy for reliability, but the service is awesome. The entry level Brother's I've sold (two of them) have worked flawlessly for about six months. I haven't sold the new entry level Lexmark yet, but the E3XX line has been very good for me. They aren't printers for people printing 100 pages a day, but for home or small office, they work well.