We tried a belkin "port replicator" USB to LPT setup, and it failed. We could not get our esri keys to work with it.

Wound up trading in our keys for USB keys.

Which software is it? Generally you can contact the vendor, and work out an exchange for the USB version of the hardware key. We have done it with both ESRI and ERDAS Imagine.

                                   Harry

Ben Ruset wrote:

This would probably work.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1224926&CatId=471

A lot of the other things I have seen are USB to parallel CABLES - meaning that you don't get a port but you plug the cable directly to the printer.

Thane Sherrington wrote:

Has anyone seen a USB to Parallel adapter that will give an LPT port with a memory address to Windows (preferable 378) so that one can connect a dongle to it for software copy protection?