I don't think you should bother with a DVB-S card for unless you like to
tinker, cuss, and holler. As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago the signal is
encrypted so you would have to get 3rd party stuff to decode it. This is
something that you could possibly get working one day after much effort and
then the next day it would be non-functional for an indefinite period of time.
Doing a web search with appropriate keywords, i.e. "dish fta dvb-s forum"
should yield many results for various forums that discuss FTA satellite
reception. This is a topic that doesn't usually have much hand holding
available. Expect some people to be rude if you go about asking a question that
has been answered in previous threads or worse a FAQ sticky.

  So are you going to subscribe to a package with HD channels?? I think you
will only be able to get standard def programming with todays dvb-s cards since
dish network requires a an 8PSK demodulator for HD.

  My recommended method would be by using an actual sat receivers S-Video
output and a good PVR card. It wouldn't be very practical to try and capture a
component (YPbPr) or HDMI signal. You could get a PVR/DVR receiver and let the
receiver do the recording. There are devices called IR blasters that can be
used by your PC to control the satellite receiver.

  -Tharin O.

K Humrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First of all, thank you very much for your replies, Tharin Olsen and Brian
Weeden.

<snip>

BUT, I really really wanna get a PC card that will let me use DISH TV on my
PC with is. Any ideas anyone? On list of off? A, not specifically asking
for something that would break any list rules, but if what you have to
suggest is against rules here in any way, just email me or call me please?
I need to finalize my purchases quite soon..