I will try it tomorrow.

Jeff

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Possible router faliure

They're padding the time & removing the variables
(having you remove the cables) IMHO.

Standard was on the old wrt54 series to pull the power
out, push & hold the reset, plug in power, release reset after 30sec. From that point it was factory without any more cycling or cable swapping.

Of course they've been fracking all devices since the
54GS v4 so they could have changed procedures.

Thank electron gods for DD-WRT.

Winterlight wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am absolutely sure about this.

Every Linksys I've dealt with you just had to hold
the reset button in
30 seconds (I've never seen mention of cabling or
pulling the power.)

They have a support doc on this, and they will walk
you through this on
the phone. At first I was not doing it this way, but
it does make a
difference. I had to do this many times, because my
WAP router would
kill my LAN and WAN router.

 And I have trouble imagining that you would have
to wait five minutes
for the reset to work (I've never had to wait.)

It might be three minutes, but I always waited 5.
If you speed this up
you won't always get a good result. Check for
Linksys support doc.