> I do understand your position. Really, but, let us agree to disagree.
> This is my personal rant. I really do mean no disrespect, really.
> Let's consider this my personal spew....

No problem...  I personally and use it in business apps as well.

> And, I still use Win2KProSP4 as my basic OS. Why? It just flat works.
24/7.
> Yes, I am testing WinXP.  I do know I may have to move there.  Still
searching
> for vendors willing to sell it w/o having to buy ~$1500 worth of "new"
> computer
> stuff just to be able to buy a stinking MS CD of WinXP. Sheesh!
> Yes, OK. I do have limited contacts and search criteria. My bad....... Am
> working with my older Brother on this ATM.... :)

I still use Windows XP SP2 on my work computer main machine.  Why?  Well,
the Data Recovery software I use only supports Windows XP.

> I do know that you need to stay on the bleeding edge of OS technology
because
> of the service and experience you have.  How many personal versions of
> Vista have
> you actually bought for personal use?  If you got your personal use copies

> via your
> work-20, all bets are off.  From everything I have read, Vista is very
> expensive.
> And, not just the base OS. It demands additional expense in hardware also
> for some
> of us.  Are we just supposed to toss out our own old personal computers?
> Do you honestly think this will happen?  ........... :)

I have bought the complete DVD version of Vista Ultimate, includes 32-bit
and 64-bit versions of the OS for my XPS Laptop.  The Cost was like $399 I
think. I also, purchased an OEM version of the OS in 32-bit version and it
cost like $135, I think.

> OK. You like Vista. Fine.  Many on planet Earth do not.  If MS wants to
> push this,
> I suspect Apple and *nix will most likely get many, many more converts.
> And, this is JMHO too. And, /rant......... :)

I do have issues with Vista as well.  Many people do as well. Once SP1 of
Vista comes out it should address some issues with Vista.