For legit tools, I've had to mark the folders as
ignore to keep SAV from wiping
them out.

This is Symantec's description of the process:

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2000042413265148

Someone else asking the same question, no real answer:

http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/637562-solved-3000-trojans-1-month.html

FORC5 wrote:
> Have narrowed this down to the scheduled update
feature in my SAVC
> file dwhwizrd.exe.
> When it runs it creates a endless stream of files
dwhxxxx.tmp ( where xxxxis random numbers)
> It detects these as a trojan . So does my Webroot
AV.

> Have I been infected by a really smart V or is this
a bug in my SAVC.

> Wondering if anyone else has seen this.?
> Getting ready to un install it but meanwhile have
disabled scheduled updates.
> Also FWIW it also is detecting tools I have used for
years as bad boys. ( combofix and rockxp to name just
two) google has shown this to be a false positive.

> thanks
> fp

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.