The difference between the QX9650 and Q6600 is the following:
3.0Ghz vs 2.4 Ghz
1333 vs 1066 FSB
65nm vs 45nm
12mb vs 2x4mb L2

The QX9650 is $1,100 while the two I were considering were around
$250.  I really don't think I'm going to get 4 times the value out of
that CPU, especially when in a years time I can drop in the same chip
and still have spent less for 2 CPUs.