Actually there is another benefit to SP3.  If you've ever had to to a clean
SP3 install recently you'll find that you spend quite a bit of time
downloading hotfixes and security updates and rebooting and downloading more
updates.  Over 100 I think at the last count.

So SP3 rolls all those up into one and means if you slipstream it into an XP
install CD a much easier and faster install.

----
Brian