Depends what the bottleneck is.  If it's something that's using a lot of CPU
cycles and is multithreaded (meaning the software is written to it can take
advantage of multiple cores) then it should be great.  But if you're doing
something like video editing and working with massive file sizes then you
also have to consider your I/O bandwidth.

Doesn't matter how beefy your CPU is or how many you have if they are
waiting for you to load a couple TBs from a remote disk.

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundtion.org>
+1 (514) 466-2756 Canada