If the driver of the 2nd card allows it, you should theoretically be
able to just switch cards.  You'd also need to switch your speakers,
unless you have two sets (which I tried once).  I have since gotten
away from MCE, so I don't know if dual sound cards will actually work
with it.  All the hooks are there to do it, however.