Duncan -

I was traveling so I missed the first part of this thread.  To clear up a
couple of things that I hinted at in my previous message:

- MAF is only useful for keeping pesky neighbors from hogging your wifi.  it
will NOT prevent hackers or anyone who really wants to get in.
- same thing applies to turning off SSID broadcast and/or using a screwy
name.  will only stop casual people, not hackers

I am not sure why you are concerned with using MAF on your wired LAN to
begin with.  If you have the wireless disabled, then the only way someone
can get into your LAN is to walk into your house and plug in their machine.

And if they can do that you have bigger problems.

---
Brian