Brian,
Excellent question. I will follow this thread. I'll dug up the info of the chair I have used since the mid-90's. I got mine at Staples.
Elation III
"Deluxe Managers Chair"
"Multi-Function Office Chair"
mfg: Global
m/n 6220
Paid $299.99 (11-09-96)
List Price was $617.50

Believe the MFG went out of business, though...... :(

The height air-spring is beginning to sag, so I am in the market also! It appears that the 15yr limited warranty expires in 2011.....
Duncan