Agreed. That is why they call it "jail-break".
When you are in the Apple "prison" they have the Monopoly.

It is no different than when you buy a car and need a SPECIFIC hard to replace
part.
Ford made my door handle out of plastic and then beat my brains out when it
broke.
At least Apple seems to be generous with covering repairs for their customers.
They make good stuff, and get the "repair money" up-front...

How about the newspaper that charges almost DOUBLE to iPad users.
WSJ<???> or NYT<???>  (I don't care because I don't have one...)

Rick Glazier

"Brian Weeden

Yep, monopoly is the wrong word.  Lots of other people make tablets, phones,
mp3 players, and have online music services, with various degrees of market
share.

"Close ecosystem" or "walled garden" are probably more appropriate.