From: Brian Weeden <brian.wee...@gmail.com>
To: "hardware@hardwaregroup.com" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Cc: "hardware@hardwaregroup.com" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Sun, September 19, 2010 4:40:16 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Google voice calls

GV is not VOIP - you still need a phone to make calls.

GV is an advanced way of using that phone.  One of the coolest things is the
ability to connect multiple phones to your GV account.  When people ring your
GV
number, you have a lot of control over what happens.

You can have it ring all your phones, some, one, or none.  And those options
can
be set for every number. So your wife calls and it rings all your numbers
(home,
work, and cell).  Your boss calls, and it only rings work.  Your mom rings and
it goes right to voicemail.  And your can have multiple custom VM messages
depending on who is calling.

GV can also send your voicemails to email or SMS and does auto-transcription.

Now, if you have Gmail, GV does integrate with that and allow you to make VOIP
calls.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone