Need some advice on OS for my media server.  I've been using Win7 for a
while, but need to move to something that supports NFS.  From what I've
read, Win7 doesn't and won't.

While I'm aware of the *nix world out there that might be an option, nearly
all of my experience is with Windows and given that I really don't have
time to learn a new OS I will need to stick with Windows.

With the demise of Windows Home Server, I think my options are Windows
Server 2008 or the new Server 2012 Essentials.  What are the pros/cons of
each?

My media server does triple duty: it hosts the 20 TB of files for network
clients (using FlexRAID), it acts as a HTPC frontend for the downstairs
theater (using XBMC), and it serves as a ripping/converting machine
(through RDP access to a second client session).

I guess another option would be to separate out the fileserver from the
frontend/ripping duties, but that would involve some major system reconfig
and additional hardware that I would really not prefer to do.

---------
Brian