Why does anyone need movies on a raid? That seems like overkill to me. If one of my drives crashes, it won't be the end of the world as I have all of the backups on optical. I just keep track of what is where so I can regen one as needed. But so far, after 24/7 use of nearly two years, no problems. Those drives are sleeping 99% of the time. :)