NFC can be used to simplify your life.

I have a NFC tag right on my nightstand near my bed which sets my phone to
silent and a whole host of other things so that it doesn't bother me at
night.  No need to futz around with settings.

I also have a NFC Tag in the bathroom and near my door which sets it to my
daily profile.  A NFC tag in on my office table that sets it to my desired
settings in the office.

NFC payments is about the only way I haven't used NFC.

Scanning NFC from passports or other things is cool, but alas, most are
encrypted.  :)

--
Best Regards,

Zulfiqar Naushad