From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of DSinc
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:08 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Car Battery with UPS

Winterlight,
I will totally defer to your experience; even though everything I have
learned says "NO."
Different strokes for different folks.
I am not willing to allow common (auto)/special (please define) batteries
into the space I live in.
Yes, my security system uses a 'sealed' 12v battery. I change it as
necessary and just live with it.
I have never had a security system before.

OK, maybe not all ups's have 2 batteries. I was replying to you my life with
APC since 1995. No harm, no foul. All of my ups's have 2ea=12vdc batteries.
Sorry. This is my world.
My security system has one /sealed/ 12vdc battery.
My HD Road King has one /sealed/12vdc battery. My 1949 Indian has one
/lead-acid/ 6vdc battery (as soon as I find it!). My Lawn tractor has one
/Lead-acid/ batteryone 12vdc battery.
On 10/19/2013 17:43, Winterlight wrote:

> Not all UPS have two batteries.
Yea, so what? I have not figured out how APC gets useful current out of one
12vdc battery!
I'll give this point to you.
Unless you know the chemistry, you can create problems. Just saying!