advice taken, new one on order.
have two full clone backups and one full data backup.
I'm not paranoid :-)
fp

At 06:56 PM 2/15/2014, Greg Sevart Poked the stick with:
No, failed SMART status is never normal. Failing drives don't always show a
bad SMART status, but drives with a bad SMART status always warrants taking
corrective action.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:40 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] SSD drive question (TIM)

it is and it still does, the other M500 does too but the C300's show clear.
Figure just the nature of the beast. at this point

At 05:19 PM 2/15/2014, Greg Sevart Poked the stick with:

Date:  Saturday, February 15th, 2014

        ***Caution, Tagline Below ***
                 **Tallyho**
      Got kleptomania? Be sure to take
              something for it.

Date:  Saturday, February 15th, 2014

       ***Caution, Tagline Below ***
                **Tallyho**
 You tell 'em Cashier, I'm a poor teller.