I grabbed MSE on April 7 and deleted it two days later, it was a much bigger resource hog on my XP box than Avast. I have a cheap version of Avast, I think I paid $29 (on sale from $49) for one year and it has done a great job. Malwarebytes and Spybot are two good apps with free versions available. In the meantime I am sourcing a new box with Win 7 Pro. I want to get my XP box offline asap.

----- Original Message ----- From: <joeu...@chronic.org>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:16
Subject: [H] Free, lite AV suggestions for XP

In light of MSFT's dropping of XP support & thus the download/install of
MSE (even though current installs will function until July 2015), does
anyone have a suggestion for a free & lite AV program? AVG & Avast are
out, as they are not lite enough for me. They may run fine for others
but I think they are resource hogs, you may agree to disagree. Anything
else out there, that one could recommend?

Regards,
joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."