There is this Samsung Magician software that wants to load up on every boot...but I zap after a while it as it is just a pain...And there is data migration software to move your stuff from the old HD to the SSD. Neither is needed for Windows to work with the SSD...the Magician is good to leave on your HD, however, just get it out of the boot sequence.