Maybe I should be investigation other areas where I can see improvement. I
saw a dramatic speed increase when I added a Samsung 830 SSD as a boot
drive. I was able to overclock my 2.66GHz i7 to 3.1 GHz with water cooling.
I guess I will look into options for the Ripbot264 software. I use it to
transcode HD video files to Android and DVD  file sizes.

Again, thanks for the input.

Jim

Jim Maki
jwm_maill...@comcast.net