I currently use a pair of these cards in my HTPC box (running FlexRAID):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101358

I use them under Windows, no experience with the quality of the Linux
drivers. But they've been great for the last few years, no issues. Reviews
on Newegg have mixed reports about Linux compatibility.

Two things to look out for. One, they only support up to 3 GB/S, so they're
not as fast as I'd like. Two, even with that speed limitation, you need to
be really careful about what motherboard you pair them with to ensure they
can work at full speed. I had to go with a server-class LGA 1155 board when
I did my last rebuild in 2011.

---------
Brian