Wow!  That worked.  Changed the metrics to 1 (LAN) and 100 (Wireless), then pulled the internet on the lan and still have internet access and can still print.  Excellent job, Jamie!

On 11/22/2017 9:27 AM, Jamie Furtner wrote:
Try changing the interface metric like I said below. By default Windows will prefer a wired connection over a wireless one. I don't know if that will work or not though but it's worth a shot. It's worth a shot though I don't know if it will work.

On 2017-11-22 6:56 AM, Steve Tomporowski wrote:
Well, I knew this was going to be a learning experience.  I took Thane's advice and changed my DHCP network to 192.168.2.1.  Did the stupid and forgot to change the subnet mask.  Reset the router, changed both address and subnet mask, then found out that I had to run the Windows troubleshooter to reset the network connection for it to work. Reinstalled wireless, then pulled the internet on my router.  No go.  While I still had access to my network, there was no internet and Windows was complaining that there were two active networks and to unplug everything.  So, any advice here?  I'd like to retain the router to make things simpler.  I'm still trying to find the right search words to get what I need on the net.