I use to struggle with printers... until I got a Okia-Data color laser. It's not really a consumer product but my Oki ALWAYS works for me. I remember seeing their dot matrix printers in medical offices where I had clients, and they never had problems with them. So in 04 I bought my first Okia-Data color laser printer that worked flawlessly for ten years. Of course, it was a personal printer, and I print very little. After ten years the cost of replacing toners and fuser(s) exceeded the cost of a new one so I, with great reluctance, disposed of my old Oki color laser, and bought a new one. The new one prints better color pictures but ruffles the edge of envelops. However, every single time I push print... it prints and that is what is most important to me.

At 01:32 PM 5/23/2018, you wrote:
I've had a couple Samsung color lasers that each ended up giving problems after a few years, and the support is awful.

I had a Brother monochrome laser (I used it ONLY for shipping labels) that started popping the breaker when it was plugged in. Not even a year old. Called support, I felt it was a safety issue, but they wouldn't replace it.

I use Xerox now, specifically the Phaser series. Color lasers normally suck at printing photos, but these impressed me. Plus, I remember as a kid always wanting a Phaser color laser printer. :)

But make no mistake, all printers suck: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardware [mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Steve Tomporowski
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:09 AM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Recommendation for New Printer

I've had this HP 8600 for years. The nice part is that I bought the 2nd paper tray so that I can print either normal paper or shipping labels by selecting an option and not have to switch paper. It's giving me problems now (I may be able to get it working again), but it brought to mind the fact that I'll never buy an HP printer again so I'd need some recommendations on a new printer if I should happen to need a new one. I'd like to get one with either two paper trays integral or paper trays that can be swapped. And reasonably priced printer carts (Ha-Ha).

What do you guys use?

Thanks...Steve