Great to hear from you all :)

I am also (finally) in the market for a new build, although it’s only been
5 years for me since I put together an Intel 8700k build and not 10 like OP
:)

I was looking for a new build that will last another 5 years (hopefully)
and given that Intel has said the current LGA 1700 is only going to support
one more generation I am also going with AMD for the first time ever. Part
list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rs4YmD

Not included are the case (Cooler Master Silencio) and video card (Nvidia
3070Ti) that I will be carrying over from my current build.

This new build not only uses the AM5 socket, which AMD claims it will
support for at least two more gens, but the X670 chipset that supports PCI
5.0 for both expansion cards and NVME sockets. That means it will hopefully
support a couple more generations of new video cards as well as the next
gen of SSDs:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/1676119/pcie-5-ssd-5-reasons-upgrade.html

BTW, if you guys haven't discovered it yet, there's a pretty great
community of PC builder enthusiasts over at
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/