From: Hardware <hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com> On Behalf Of _
Winterlight
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 8:53 AM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] P9X79_WS with i7-4930K has failed me

Thanks Greg! I appreciate the offer. However, I was looking at used boards on
EBAY when I discovered I could buy a new BIOS chip for 14 bucks...I was
surprised. So I ordered one last night. I think that may be my problem because
right after the board went out I was unable to even restore the BIOS with the
rescue flash feature.  I completely agree with you as to the age of the
platform. But it is the computer I use with my TV to stream, record, browse,
and manage my security cameras. It has been very nice for that purpose and it
is customized and tweaked for my needs and I am lazy and don't want to redo
everything. So if the new BIOS chip doesn't do the trick I will take you up on
your offer.

On Black Friday I did buy a replacement for my TV PC on Amazon. I have used a
quad core Celeron NUC now for years  on a kitchen PC and I think they are great
so I was looking to buy a I5 version to replace my broken system. But I ended
up buying this Beelink SER5 MAX, Mini PC Ryzen 7 5800H (8C/16T, Turbo 4.4GHz),
32GB DDR4 RAM 500GB PCIe3.0 SSD Desktop Mini Computers Support 4K@60Hz Triple
Display/WiFi 6/BT5.2/DP+HDMI+USB-C/USB3.2/RJ45 LAN on sale for  for $309...now
priced at
$459https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYJKD2BX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I know nothing about Beelink or Ryzen CPUs but I am amazed that they could put
this much tech and performance in such a small package = 4 X  4x2.5 inches.
This supports three 4k monitors and I could use this as my primary computer. I
haven't even tried it yet. I don't know if this was a good deal or not. Are
these reliable and what is the deal with the cores. What is meant by 8 cores \
16T mean? Is this 16 virtual cores?

<w>